Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas 2014

The boys aren't quite old enough to really appreciate holidays yet but we still wanted to try and establish some Christmas traditions for our family. We started out on Christmas Eve making sticky buns which is a tradition that comes from my Grandma. I thought they were a little too sticky/mushy but overall for our first try I think we did alright. I should say second try because we had to throw out the dough from round one because it didn't rise. Apparently using expired yeast is a no go. We only needed about 20 texts, two face time calls and a detailed word document explaining evey step of the recipe. 


On Christmas morning we brought the boys down and gave them their stockings which had mini cereal boxes and popcorn inside. Once they saw the cereal they were pretty much good for the rest of the day. 

After stockings we tried to get them to go in the front room to open presents but they were pretty distracted. You see Jeremy got me a new blow dryer and as soon as they saw that they both needed blow dryers and really weren't interested in playing with anything other than old broken blow dryers. At this point I was really glad we hadn't spent much money on them or I would have been very disappointed. 


Landon was his normal cheery self and played happily with anything we put in front of him. 

I missed my family but overall loved being able to spend Christmas in our own home doing whatever we wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment