Well, 2011 is nearly half way over and I haven't done a great job of keeping this updated this year. Maybe that's because we haven't had much to report so I'll try to provide a brief summary of what's up in the Hart House.
1. We haven't been able to travel. Turns out, being unemployed hampers our ability to vacation. This has been a challenge for me and I eagerly await getting back to my travels. We are currently trying to convince my dad to plan a McCall, ID family vacation so that we can go river rafting, jet skiing, biking and golfing. We are also planning to take a nice long vacation after Jeremy finishes school and before he starts his job.
2. Speaking of jobs...we have one! Well we've actually had one for a really long time it's just that now we are more public about it because it is closer. Jeremy has a job offer from Deloitte to do IT Auditing in Kansas City starting in September.
3. So Kansas City. That's right we're moving to Tornado Alley. The Great Midwest! Dorothy, Toto, BBQ, Noodling...yep all of it! That will be us in a few short months. We're really excited and happy to have this opportunity. We don't yet know what the plan is for dealing with our condo but I'm sure we'll get it figured out soon, at least I keep praying for a miracle and I think it's on its way.
4. Running. We are currently 85% done with training for a half-marathon. I have no idea why we are doing this. We are running in the Utah Valley Marathon on June 11 and I am terrified. Hopefully I don't die. I just may though. Jeremy may have to carry me on his back to get me to finish. I know, I am weak and it isn't even a full marathon but I am really bad at running.
5. If it ever stops raining here we plan to do a lot of mountain biking this summer before we move. Has it always rained like this in Utah? It is getting really depressing.