Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Big Day!

So after the engagement we did what you do after an engagement and got married! It was a Wednesday. Kind of random. There were a few reasons for this. The first being, I am cheap. Turns out to do any kind of luncheon/reception/anything wedding related it is significantly cheaper to avoid the weekend. I would have chose Thursday, but I had been told or at least thought I had been told that Thursday and Friday of that week would be the State Cup soccer tournament for my brother Collin. Collin and I have always had a special bond and so I was not about to be the reason he couldn't play in a State Cup game. So we decided on Wednesday. It was actually really sweet because not too many people get married on Wednesday's so we didn't have anyone else to deal with.

There was however the rain. It had been raining all week and all the news reports said that there was like a 95% chance of rain from 9-2 that day which was exactly when we had everything scheduled! Lame. And if you've seen my hair after its been wet you know why this would be such a problem for me. So I called together the forces of my "very best friends" otherwise known as anyone in my phone, and we all teamed together to turn the rain away with the power of positive thinking!

We were married at 9:00 a.m. which was a bit early but it all worked out. We then took pictures for an hour or two at the temple and then headed up to Red Butte Garden for a luncheon and more pictures. I was SO sick of taking pictures by the end of the day. My flowers were nice but they attacked me with this orange powder stuff that stained my dress, but no worries because I covered that up by spilling salad dressing all over myself! We were done with all of the wedding festivities by about 3:00 p.m. which was really nice. I was exhausted and so glad we didn't have a reception to go to. I will attach some of my favorite pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment